Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited (Krungsri)
Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited (Krungsri) officially opened its doors on April 1, 1945. We found immediate public favor, grew rapidly and listed on the Stock Exchange of Thailand on September 26, 1977. Our core philosophy is founded on good governance. Adherence to the highest ethical standards and a steadfast commitment to transparency form the keystone of our business. This is essential considering we are entrusted with the honor of protecting our customers savings and investments. Our steady growth has continued unabated to the present day. As of March 2020, Krungsri had a total registered capital of THB 75,741 million and THB 73,558 million in paid-up capital. Krungsri is Thailand’s fifth largest universal bank in terms of assets, loans and deposits today.
Krungsri has 21 subsidiaries and joint ventures constantly striving to respond the ever-changing customer needs by offering a comprehensive range of universal banking financial products and services to three key target groups: corporates, SMEs and consumers.
We are the leading player in personal loans and credit cards, with market shares of 31% and 16%, respectively. Krungsri has the second-largest market share of 29% in auto hire-purchase at end-February 2020. Krungsri also serves in the micro lending segment. Ngern Tid Lor, our joint venture, is the market leader. The company provides microfinance services to under-banked and unbanked segments, which mirror our efforts in improving financial access in the underserved segments and our responsible lending practices and adhering.
In 2013, Krungsri reached key milestone in our history when we became a subsidiary of MUFG Bank, Ltd. (MUFG Bank)*, which is the wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), Japan’s largest banking group and one of the world’s largest financial groups.
On September 2017, Krungsri was recognized as “A Domestic Systemically Important Bank (D-SIB)” by the Bank of Thailand, playing a key role in driving the country’s economic engines and financial system.
On August 2019, Krungsri announced a plan to acquire 50% of shares of SB Finance Company Inc. (SBF) in Philippines.
The Krungsri brand is centered around simplicity. “Krungsri…Make Life Simple” is the commitment to making the right investments in our business to continuously streamline the banking experience for our customers’ benefit. In addition, Krungsri Group adopted digital innovations to our products and services to boost the customer experience as well as productivity.
Key digital product developments in 2019
• QR Cross-Border Payment: The first e-payment platform enabling cross-border payment by scanning a Thai QR code with the Krungsri Mobile Application and the mobile applications of other banks within the project. The service was launched at the Takeya Department Store and will later be available throughout Japan, thanks to Krungsri and MUFG’s synergy.
• Facial Recognition e-KYC: Facial recognition technology was adopted to the deposit account opening service at the Bank’s branches.
• Krungsri Blockchain Interledger: Funds are transferred from Lao PDR to Thailand in real time in either US dollars or Thai baht, facilitating trade between the two countries and broadening business horizons.
• Krungsri Simple Sure Travel Insurance: The Bank has collaborated with Sompo Insurance (Thailand) PCL to create a new type of policy that provides coverage before, during, and after a trip. Purchase is made easy via the Krungsri Mobile Application.
• e-Consent: Krungsri Auto blazed the trail in using e-Consent in the auto loan application process in Thailand to enhance the accuracy, security, and speediness of services.
Krungsri Group products and services include:
•International trade and money transfer services
•Bill payment service
•Electronic and mobile banking services
•Exclusive banking service
•Foreign exchange and remittance service
•Investment banking service
•Securities business, custodian and trustee services
•Treasury and related services
•Auto hire purchase
AMCHAM Member Since 2008
(*The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ (BTMU) was renamed MUFG Bank on 1 April 2018)