Food & Agri-Business Committee: International Trends in Food Marketing: How are Food Laws keeping up around the world?
Name: Food & Agri-Business Committee: International Trends in Food Marketing: How are Food Laws keeping up around the world?
Date: June 25, 2019
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM ICT
Registration: Register Now
Meet Joe Lederman, Australia’s leading food lawyer as he discusses current global food trends, issues and opportunities in food manufacturing and international trade, ranging through topics as various as:
- The use of different food technologies to increase and improve ‘’Fresh’’, ‘’Natural’’ and ‘’Raw” food claims
- The growth of “online’’ food sales and parallel imports
- New food safety and bio-security barriers to imports and exports
- Government interventions in dietary health and obesogenic environments
- Developing opportunities in bi-product food waste, dietary supplements, aged care sector foodservice and other specific groups – value adding
- New food ingredients and old learnings - fermentation, new discoveries in fiber research; looking to new technologies while finding balance in traditional diets
- The nano-tech revolution - are food safety laws keeping up?
- Sustainability claims; strategies, frameworks and global players
- How governments and science are value adding
- Vegetarian and vegan versus animal derived protein foods
- Organic foods, past, present, and future
- Food fraud and food substitution. How can we monitor the quality of ingredients?
- Traceability, provenance laws, and country of origin labelling. Opportunities and barriers to trade
- Exploring tech savvy developments in database controls, labelling, block-chain data and traceability. Who are the drivers of change and why?