Eyes on AMCHAM: A virtual meeting with Ambassador Michael George DeSombre Video Conference
AMCHAM is pleased to welcome Ambassador Michael George DeSombre in his first address to the AMCHAM community. Speaking directly from the residence, he will host a member-wide video conference. After his opening remarks, he will engage participants directly in an open question and answer session on the U.S - Thai bilateral relationship, the unprecedented challenges brought by covid-19, and future prospects.
Ambassador DeSombre was confirmed by the United States Senate on January 8, 2020 as U.S. Ambassador to the Kingdom of Thailand. Prior to this, he was a partner in the law firm of Sullivan and Cromwell from 2004 to 2019, where he led their mergers and acquisition practice in Asia. Ambassador DeSombre has had over two decades of experience representing and negotiating on behalf of American and international clients in large scale investment and economic development projects in Asia. In this role, he has gained unique insight into the political, legal, and strategic challenges that face American interests in Asia and the Indo-Pacific region.
Ambassador DeSombre graduated from Stanford University with a B.A. in Quantitative Economics and an M.A. in East Asian Studies, and received his J.D. from Harvard Law School. He is married with four children.Numbers are limited and registrations are limited to one senior representative per company, so we encourage you to register as soon as possible.
AMCHAM suggests that for a seamless video-conference experience you adhere to the following:
- Please use headphones to reduce noise from other applications on your computer.
- If possible, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable as WiFi can sometimes be unreliable.
- Please mute your microphone unless you are speaking to reduce ambient room noise.
- Please turn on your camera so that the Ambassador can see you as you ask questions
- If you have any issues please call (Khun Petch Tel: 064-310-3559 or Khun TK Tel:063-535-0727) for assistance