** Event Update: AMCHAM Partner Event: Edelman Trust Barometer 2020 with Thailand Highlights-How Trust Impacts your Business
Faced with breakneck technological advances and political turbulence, people are now questioning whether society's long-standing institutions - business, government, NGOs and media - can effectively lead us in the years ahead.
At this event we reveal the findings of the 20th annual edition of the Edelman Trust Barometer, which surveys more than 34,000 respondents in 28 markets. The study will uncover society's expectations for the future. Edelman will also share insights around why employee trust is as important as public trust. Come explore what leaders should do to address society's concerns and how to prepare for the next wave of innovation.
Join us for a panel discussion on Making Trust Your Business, where we examine the five major trust trends for this year:
- Fears about job loss and income inequality due to globalization and automation, which have spurred populist movements
- The "mass-class" divide, with trust among the informed public soaring to record highs while the mass population continues to distrust institutions (linked to the dispersion of authority)
- New expectations that business and CEOs will lead on change and be governed not only by shareholder value, but also by societal values
- Government to rise above corruption and incompetence; becoming partisan and populist
- And the battle for truth, as social media became the breeding ground for disinformation and fake news that are now undermining democracy
AGENDA & Speakers for the panel include:
11:45 a.m. Registration
12:15 p.m. Door opened / Lunch
12:30 p.m. Presentation: Trust Barometer Thailand by Adrian Warr, CEO, Edelman Hong Kong,
Taiwan and Thailand
1:00 p.m. Panel discussion
- Mr. Pana Janviroj, Executive Director, Asia News Network and Chief Executive
Officer, National International Edutainment PCL (NINE)
- Mr. Patee Sarasin, Former CEO of Nok Air
- Ms. Chonreutai Tawitaranond, Head of Digital Telco Services, True Corporation
- Ms. Rvisra Chirathivat, CMO, JD CENTRAL
- Mr. Adrian Warr, CEO, Edelman Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand
- More panelists to be confirmed
1:45 p.m. Q&A
2:00 p.m. Close
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Reports 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
ABOUT THE TRUST BAROMETER
The Edelman Trust Barometer is the largest global survey and foremost authority on trust in business, government, media and NGOs. Now in its 20th year, the Trust Barometer, which launches each year at the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, surveys more than 34,000 people in 28 countries. The cross-cultural insights from the Edelman Trust Barometer are widely cited in The Financial Times, The New York Times, The Economist, Fortune, Forbes and other media. The survey also informs academic studies on trust and provides insights to thought-leaders and opinion-shapers around the world.