Customs & Excise Council: November 2022 Video Conference
The Customs & Excise Council will convene virtually on Nov 29.
Meeting Agenda for November 29
- Customs Update
- CKD BEV duty rate letter
- Waiving of VAT penalties letter
- Update on APEC Meeting
- Carry Forward Items to 2023:
- New Developments in Ministry of Commerce's Trade Controls on Weapons of Mass Destruction Act (“TCWMD Act”)
- Customs appeals aging
- Potential Topics for Engagement with the Excise Dept.:
- Carbon credit tax
- Alcohol tax
- Cigarette tax
- Battery incentives and other EV pickup regulations
- Other potential additional excisable goods
- Customs Regulatory Update for Nov.
- Highlights of 2022 activities and achievements of AMCHAM Customs & Excise Committee:
- TWCMD and ICP program by MOC
- HS Code Seminar by Thai Customs Dept.
- TCWMD, Export Control, US Sanctions training hosted by US Embassy
- Annual meeting with Customs Dept.
- Closure issues with Customs Dept.
- Customs Assistance (CA) program
- Data requisition enhancement
- Extension of COVID relief measures
- Filing letter with Excise Dept., MOF
- Elderly Fund position letter
- Excise Dept. Issues to be monitored
- Sugar tax, salty tax
- EV scheme
- Carbon tax
- Progressive Liquor Act
To continue to receive updates on our meetings and activities, or to request to join the Council, please contact email@example.com.