The Customs & Excise Council's January 2021 meeting will be virtual with the following agenda:
- Plan of action for 2021
- Preparation for the meeting with Director Generals of Customs and Excise Departments
- Status of studies/review on rates and new products covered by the excise tax and the implementation timeline.
- Possible amendment to the Customs law, as a result of the public hearing last year.
- Enforcement of Electric waste and Department of Industrial Works (DIW) requirement.
- Status of the proposed Export Control law – what will happen next and when?
- Status and target effective date of the proposed Tax Coupon to change from hard copy to “electronic”.
- Follow up on the electronic submission of documents with digital signatures, especially during Covid-19 situation.
- Status of the Customs Alliance and how AMCHAM can help.
- The New Normal Customs way of working.
- Other matters.
Register for this meeting to discuss these issues which affect many AMCHAM companies and help us to determine workable solutions.