Thai Castor Oil Industries Co., Ltd.
Thai Castor Oil Industries Co., Ltd. manufactures and exports castor oil and castor meal. Thai Castor Oil Industries Co., Ltd. was registered as a private company in 1977 as a Thai-German joint venture, manufacturing castor oil for export. The company plant has the capacity to crush 40,000 tons of castor seed per year.
In 1985, a Thai-Japanese affiliated company, T K Wax Co., Ltd., began producing castor oil derivatives, mainly artificial waxes. In 1990, another Thai-Japanese affiliated company, T S Chemical Co., Ltd., began producing dehydrated castor oil, dehydrated castor oil fatty acid, and Hy-Diene, all of which use castor oil as the main raw material. 70% of the company's production is sold to affiliated companies as raw material. The remaining 30% is for local sale and export, with major markets in Japan, Europe, Australia and Asian countries.