At the Government Affairs Council meeting on Aug 16, AI and Digital Platform regulations took center stage in our deliberations. These matters have emerged as key priorities for AMCHAM member companies. Numerous AMCHAM members expressed keen interest in this area, demonstrating a desire to collaborate on concrete actions that effectively communicate our messages and concerns to the government.
After comprehensive discussion, the Government Affairs Council is establishing an ICT working group to further discuss AI regulatory feedback and the digital platforms decree. Thus, the agenda of the meeting will cover two topics:
(1) Digital Platform Royal Decree
(2) Update or news on ICT-related issues
- US drops digital trade demands at WTO.
- Public Consultation on Draft Sub-Regulations for Cross-Border Data Transfer under the Personal Data Protection Act
(3) Other updates (walk-in agenda)
All interested members are welcome to join us in collectively shaping a positive regulatory landscape!