The Government Affairs Council will convene virtually on March 17 with the following agenda:
- The government affairs report of February-March.
- Upcoming meetings with the government.
- March 17 – AMCHAM virtual membership meeting with H.E. Anutin Charnvirakul, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health as the keynote speaker. The topics will include:
- The resurgence of the Covid-19 pandemic in Thailand and the government measures.
- Thailand as a regional healthcare hub.
- Cooperation with AMCHAM.
- March 22 – AMCHAM meeting with DG Lavaron Sangsnit, Excise Department. The agenda will include:
- The Department’s policy priorities.
- Ten for Ten initiative.
- AMCHAM recommendations to maintain Thailand’s competitiveness during the pandemic:
- Covid-19 Excise tax relief measures.
- Excise tax reform on the automotive sector.
- Members’ issues for discussion.
- PDPA questionnaire.
- AMCHAM letter to Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health on ban of online alcohol sales.
- Other matters.
All AMCHAM members are welcome to attend the Government Affairs Council meetings to stay abreast of the policy priorities that AMCHAM advocates for on behalf of members. Advance registration is necessary, as we do not accept walk-ins or non-member guests for these meetings.
Membership in the AMCHAM Thailand Government Affairs Council is open to managers of government relations and public affairs of AMCHAM Thailand member companies.
To continue to receive updates on our advocacy meetings and activities, or to request to join the Council, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org