Government Affairs Council: July 2021 Videoconference
The Government Affairs Council will convene virtually on July 20 with the following agenda:
- The Government Affairs report of May-June:
- AMCHAM meeting with Minister of Tourism and Sports on June 16.
- AMCHAM meeting with Minister of Digital Economy and Society on July 16.
- Thai Chamber of Commerce Meeting with Foreign Chambers on Economic Recovery and Vaccine Roll Out
- Public Hearings on PDPA in June and AMCHAM Recommendations.
- Matters for discussion
- Result of Ten for Ten priority for Members following July 2 Strategy Session and Discussion on next steps.
- Thailand will host APEC 2022, member input requested on AMCHAM involvement.
- AMCHAM position papers on work permit and visa, and revamping the social security system. Last chance to comment before these are approved at this GAC meeting.
- Status of upcoming meetings with the government:
- Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Transport - Road Safety – July 21.
- Minister of Labor.
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health.
- Prime Minister.
- Other matters.
All AMCHAM members are welcome to attend the Government Affairs Council meetings to stay abreast of the policy priorities that AMCHAM advocates for on behalf of members. Advance registration is necessary, as we do not accept walk-ins or non-member guests for these meetings.
Membership in the AMCHAM Thailand Government Affairs Council is open to managers of government relations and public affairs of AMCHAM Thailand member companies.
To continue to receive updates on our advocacy meetings and activities, or to request to join the Council, please contact email@example.com