Digital Economy Committee – 2020 Planning Session
The Digital Economy Committee (and any interested AMCHAM members) will meet on Wednesday, December 4, to plan a committee agenda for 2020.
This will be a busy year for Thailand's Digital Economy, and we need your input on where AMCHAM should focus its energy and efforts.
To get you thinking, here are some possible topics and activities we might pursue in 2020:
- Helping AMCHAM members understand their obligations under the new Cyber-security Act and Personal Data Protection Act
- Explaining the 'Smart Visa' program and the planned new 'Digital Freelancer' category
- Inviting a speaker on e-Government and National Digital ID
- Inviting a speaker on the status of 5G and the direction of Thailand?s telecom industry
- Status of 'Smart City' developments
- Status of the EEC?s ?Digital Park? project
- Developing advocacy positions on various topics, such as introduction of an e-Commerce tax, scope of the newly established 'Fake News Center', government promotion of digital literacy, etc.
- Site visit(s) to member companies and/or highly automated factories and facilities
Our meetings are informal, so feel free to bring any DE-related topics you're interested in.
PLEASE REGISTER, if you?d like to attend!
Can't make it to the meeting? Email K. Noon at AMCHAM or any of the committee co-chairs with your ideas and concerns. We welcome input from all business sectors - the Digital Economy touches everyone!