In our efforts to bring the latest, industry-relevant developments of Thailand/ASEAN auto sector, we are most pleased that the AMCHAM Auto Council is proudly presenting Jessada Thongpak, Manager, ASEAN Vehicle Production Forecast, IHS Markit, as the guest speaker.
For 2021 and the past year, the auto industry as a whole, has been and continues experiencing business impacts from the Covid-19 pandemic.
Despite being under duress at various fronts ranging from weak market demand, chips supply shortage to potential disruption of industry supply chain due to Covid-19, the auto industry remains hopeful and is prepared to face the exciting new frontiers ahead whether in the areas of connectivity, A.I., autonomous technology, sharing economy and electrification, to mention a few.
At the upcoming Auto Council meeting, our guest speaker will focus on the following key areas, including:
- Industry outlook for Thailand/ASEAN for 2021 and 2022 in relation to the current impact by the Covid-19 pandemic and the global chip shortage
- View on Thailand's recent ZEV (Zero-Emission Vehicles) vision "100@2035" (100% ZEV adoption by year 2035) announced by the National Electric Vehicle Policy Committee
- Trade and investment opportunity for the key regional markets, including Thailand, for new-technology vehicles:
- What is the Electrified Vehicles (xEVs) export opportunity for Thailand?
- What is the Electrified Vehicle (xEV) outlook in other ASEAN markets, and will these markets present competition/risk or opportunity to Thailand's BEV ambition?
Future prospects for Internal-Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles in the next 5-10 years
Latest automotive policy developments will also be highlighted by the report of the Auto Council’s Policy Working Group.
Jessada Thongpak, Manager, ASEAN Light Vehicle Forecast, IHS Markit, Bangkok, Thailand. Jessada is an automotive analyst at IHS Markit, based in Bangkok, covering the light vehicle forecasting across Southeast Asia region (ASEAN) including Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. He has more than 18 years of experience in automotive industry in ASEAN region, and his expertise also includes global and regional automotive manufacturing and market research in OEM’s strategic analysis, automotive technology and mobility trends. He holds MBA from Khonkaen University.